Are you licensed for civil ceremonies?

We are not currently licensed for civil ceremonies, therefore you will need to ensure you take care of the ‘official bits’ elsewhere. The nearest Registry Office is Macclesfield, and the nearest churches are Rainow, or Pott Shrigley. You would need to contact the Registrar / Church separately to discuss the arrangements and check availability.

Can I have a wedding blessing?

We are not licensed for civil ceremonies, but you can still have a very personalised wedding blessing at our venue. If you want to find our more about this then take a look at the following sites – Celebration Ceremonies and One Life Ceremonies – both are very good at creating highly personalised blessings for couples.

Can we have our blessing outside?

Yes, the limit is your imagination, although we advise that you plan for both good weather and bad weather on the day.

How many guests can I invite?

We are able to cater for up to 120 guests.

What days do you hold weddings on the farm?

We only hold weddings on a Saturday.


Do you hold the necessary council premises license for entertainment and alcohol?

We will apply to Cheshire East Council for a Temporary Event Notice 6 months before your wedding date. The Temporary Event Notice states the times that alcohol can be served until, and the times entertainment will finish. We apply for alcohol to be served & music played up until midnight. We ask that taxi’s are booked for midnight and guests whom are not staying onsite must vacate the site by 12:30am. The council reserve the right to vary these times and the times shall only be confirmed once a temporary event notice is granted.

We reserve the right to request that music is played at an acceptable level (to be determined by us).

Do you allow children at the farm?

Yes, we welcome children but ask that they are supervised at all times.

Do you have public liability insurance?

We do hold public liability insurance; however we also strongly recommend you take out your own wedding insurance to cover every eventuality. Insurance can be obtained from Event Insurance Services.

Is there an approved list of suppliers?

No, whilst we are happy to provide supplier suggestions, we do not restrict you to a pre-approved list of suppliers, nor do we charge corkage.

You will need to contact suppliers yourself and settle the invoice directly.

Do suppliers need to provide insurance certificates?

All suppliers must supply a public liability insurance certificate.

Can my photographer come to the farm before the wedding to look round?

Yes, all we ask is that you make an appointment beforehand to ensure someone is there to show them around.

Is the field lit at night time?

We do not provide lighting from the field gate to the marquee – if lighting is required it will need to be rented from your marquee company or purchased.

Can we have fireworks or Chinese lanterns?

Fireworks and Chinese lanterns are not allowed on the farm due to nearby neighbours and animals. The debris from Chinese lanterns impacts on our local residents and farmland. It also causes harm to local livestock. This ruling is in line with recommendations from the Country Land Association.

When can I access the grounds / marquee ?

Access to the field & grounds is permitted from 9am on the Friday prior to your wedding.

When do we need to collect our belongings/decorations?

 All belongings / decorations should be removed from the field & grounds, and rubbish cleared from the marquee by 12 noon on the Sunday following your wedding.

Can you provide toilets for our guests to use?

Toilets must be hired for the event from external suppliers – suggestions can be provided.

Can you provide electricity to our marquee?

Electricity supply is included within hire of the site and a maximum of 2 x 32 amp supplies are available. This supply is sufficient for normal usage including music, lights, toilets & refrigeration – however it is not sufficient for electrical cookers (caterers should use gas). It is recommended that you confirm with your suppliers their electricity requirements and if necessary, you will need to hire a generator. We will not be held responsible for a shortage of electricity or an electricity cut during the event.

Can you provide straw bales?

25 straw bales are included in the venue hire cost. Additional bales are available at £5 each.

Can we have confetti?

We are happy for you to have confetti but ask that it is natural confetti, such as rose petals or other flowers.

Are we allowed to bring dogs?

Unfortunately, as we are a working farm, we do not allow guests to bring their dogs on the farm.

How many car parking spaces do you have?

We have hard standing parking for 50 cars. Parking is not permitted in surrounding fields.

Can cars be left in the car park overnight?

Yes cars can be left in the car park overnight but must be collected by 11am the next morning.


Can I book the wedding field but not the accommodation?

No, we include the accommodation in our wedding package as the wedding field is only around 150 metres away from our accommodation and so we wouldn’t want the wedding to disturb other guests – or vice versa, other guests to disturb your wedding. We can provide you with a full cost breakdown of the accommodation so you can recharge it to your guests if you wish.

What time can we check in the accommodation?

You can check in accommodation from 1pm on the day of your booking.

What time do we need to vacate the accommodation?

We ask that you vacate accommodation by 10:30am on the day of check out.

How many people can stay overnight at the farm?

Onsite we currently have 5 bed and breakfast rooms, and 2 self-catering cottages – these sleep 22 people in total.

A maximum of 30 people are permitted to camp. There is a tap with running spring water in the field (suitable for boiling/cooking), and a tap with UV filtered drinking water on the patio. Campers should use the external toilets with the marquee.

Can we book extra nights’ accommodation?

Yes you are welcome to book extra nights in our B&B rooms or self-catering cottages as required.

Is breakfast included?

Breakfast is included for all B&B guests and we provide breakfast on the Sunday morning for guests staying in Croft Cottage & Meadow Cottage.

Takeaway breakfast baps are available for guests camping at a cost of £4 including a tea/coffee.

Are there other hotels / B&B’s locally?

If you require more accommodation then we have a 4 bedroom barn conversion (sleeping 8) only 2 minutes from the farm (graded 5*) that can be booked as required. There is also other accommodation nearby such as Harrop Fold Farm, The Robin Hood Pub (or the Travellodge in Macclesfield.

Booking Process

When can we come and have a look at the venue?

Viewings are at weekends by prior arrangement.

Can you provisionally hold a date for us?

Unfortunately we are unable to provisionally hold any dates.

What deposit do I have to pay when I confirm a date?

Once you have booked a date, we will send out a contract and a deposit invoice for 50% of the venue hire fee. The remaining 50% is due 8 weeks before the event.